Fantasia (1940) – Part Two.
We’re back from getting snacks during intermission and now it’s time to talk dinosaurs, centaurs, and hippos, oh my. The second half of our talk on Fantasia covers the Rite of Spring, The Pastoral Symphony, Dance of the Hours, and Night on Bald Mountain. Gretchen explains why Rite of Spring is one of her favorite pieces of music while Mary revisits her dinosaur phase.
Now it’s time to run away and join the circus, we’ll have the first half of our discussion of Dumbo (1941).
For your enjoyment while you listen: Four Hours of Winamp Visualizers without Audio:
- The Philadelphia Orchestra
- Buy the Fantasia Soundtrack on CD
- The Rite of Spring | The London Symphony Orchestra
- The Rite of Spring | Ballets Russes
- The History of Modern Dance (PDF)
- Hall of Fossils at the National Museum of Natural History